Static Code Security Analysis
Integrate security into SDLC via potent code analysis
Security must be an integral part of software development. Historically it hasn’t been.
Static application security testing (SAST) used to be divorced from Code quality reviews, resulting in limited impact and value. beSOURCE addresses the code security quality of applications and thus integrates SecOps into DevOps.
Other SAST offerings look at security as an isolated function. Beyond Security has turned this model upside-down by assuming the SecOps’ perspective in addressing security from all possible angles.
beSOURCE adheres to all pertinent standards, guiding static code analysis engine in providing an actionable reference point.
- Common Weakness Enumeration (CWE)
- SANS TOP 25
- OWASP TOP 10
- CERT Secure Coding Guidelines
Easy to integrate
beSOURCE is designed to train the developer in easy and simple steps to achieve fast path to productivity.
- Self-paced learning tools
- Intuitive wizard
- Simple set up and operation
- Logical and actionable reporting
Merge code vulnerability analysis with software development
Identify security vulnerabilities in source code during development to harden applications from the inside out.
Software applications are the power behind business productivity. They are also the most widely abused and breached resource within enterprises. beSOURCE detects high-risk software vulnerabilities, including SQL Injection, Buffer Overflows, Cross-Site Scripting, Cross-Site Request Forgery, in addition to the OWASP Top 10, SANS 25 and other standards used in the security industry.
- Provide vulnerability type and location (path, file name, line number)
- Secure coding guidelines (rule description, sample code and international standard references)
Get analysis done fast
Test code security quickly and effectively.
By comprehensively testing of code against security programming best practices, prevent potential future breaches due to embedded application vulnerabilities. beSOURCE guides the developer by using an intuitive wizard which acts like a living coach throughout the SDLC. beSOURCE also offers:
- Exception filtering of vulnerability and flow trace to root-cause
- Clusters based on source file dependencies and analysis of them simultaneously with multiple threads
- Vulnerability status management and history maintenance of each vulnerability
Highly accurate code analysis
- Pattern, type, flow and property analysis
- Path and context-sensitive analysis, Inter-procedural analysis
- Incremental analysis with on-demand code inspection
- Identifies hidden code security weaknesses